All cars need a periodic tune-up. What does a tune-up include? It is important to keep your car running well? Your local mechanic or dealer completes a series standard procedures during a tune-up.
- Inspect and/or replace spark plug wires
- Clean and/or replace the spark plug
- Replace rotor and distributor cap
- Replace the fuel filter
- Change oil and oil filter
- Replace the air filter
- Check and/or replace all belts
- Check and replenish all fluids
- Adjust valves as needed
- Adjust the clutch in manual transmission cars
- Inspect, clean, and add water to the battery if needed
- Replace the PCV valve
Most cars need a tune-up every two years or 30,000 miles whichever comes first. Even if your car appears to be running fine, it’s still an essential part of car maintenance to complete a tune up. During a tune-up, your mechanic should inspect all the systems of your car to find small or more serious mechanical problems before they cause serious damage to your car or truck. Repairs made during a tune-up ensure that your car runs optimally. It can also greatly improve your cars gas mileage. A tune-up keeps your car from working harder than it should, which in turn requires less fuel to run. Regular tune-ups are a very important part of vehicle maintenance. They increase your vehicle’s efficiency and extend the life of your car or truck.
Interested in selling yor car, truck, classic or sports car.
Give us a call at (310) 450-0020. We pay the highest prices in Los Angeles.
GET CASH FOR YOUR CAR TODAY!